Sunday, July 19, 2009

Taking It One Step at a Time

I can feel it coming: A week with too much to do and too little time in which to get it done. The classic signs are there - tense feeling in the chest, crowded thoughts in the brain, building impatience at interruption of tasks, decreased time with family and friends, an overwhelming need to make lists.

Why is it I can't picture Jesus getting caught in the crunch of tasks and time? His tasks were certainly more important and He had much less time on earth to get them done.

So, what did He do when tasks and time were tense?
1. Talked it over with His Father.
2. Reached out for His friends.
3. Identified what was important.
4. Took it one step at a time.

There, I think I'm breathing a little easier even now. Remembering what is important, taking it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment